Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Bromide

Im so tired. I performed on Friday, and today... i had to perform again with another orchestra. Well, with 2 performances like that in a row, it feels like forever. I dunno why, but this weekend seems to be very long. In fact, i just dun get the feeling of schooling tomorrow. I have to wake up early tomorrow, and prepare myself for school. I dunno why, but i just cant get that feeling up. Wake up, WeiKang.

I woke up early today, and tried another route to SCH. Firstly, i took bus 851, with an intention of changing any bus at TekkaMall, which will go to NAFA, and then take bus 130 to SCH. But who knows? Theres bus 57 which goes there at TekkaMall! Im like so surprised. So, i was early because i didnt expect myself to be that lucky. Thanks to bus 57!

I was there early, with nothing but my black umbrella. ZhengZhongXian was moving the chairs, and i took initiative and helped him with the arrangement. Then, came some other people, so... i stood away and went around to find food. I was hungry, so i bought chips. Then, i bought drinks too... and found bread at the counter. I didnt know whether its TPCO's, but i just took it anyway! It tasted like some unwanted leftover bread. I felt like puking it out, but i was so hungry... i didnt care whether its cockroach bread or not. I took my time, and watched them move the instruments up. They took out my Pipa for me, and i quickly took some time to tune it and to put on my nails. Then, i asked WeiFeng to help me take some pictures, so that i can put it up for my resume. But well... it turned out to be a failure, because people were walking around, and he took a picture which doesnt really suit the resume photo size. So... anyway, thanks alot.

The stage was prepared, and so we quickly tuned our instruments and began the run through. There were guest musicians for the Suona, and we didnt need to bother them because they're professionals. So, i just sat there and got myself entertained and prepared. JingTing was so funny. I cannot stand her. She is like so blur can? I'll tell u more later.

Anyway, after running through a whole list of programmes, i knew some parts which will eventually screw up during the concert. And not surprising, it did. The ErHu ensemble has this 4 beats of running notes, which descends, and it doesnt really fit the Pipa smoothly, and well... i didnt practice that much. So, i screwed it up during the concert, and its so obvious... because its so exposed! Moreover, the YangQin didnt play with me, because she's scared. As for me, its so embarrassing. But well anyway, its over! I helped Felicia with her solo too. Well, its one of the best times ever. We were talking, crapping and joking for hours till the concert at night.

I had to run about for so many programmes, firstly there's the extra ErHu ensemble piece, then the small ensemble and finally, the plucked string ensemble. And not forgetting all the combine pieces. Im so tired...

After rehearsing, its dinner time. We got ur food and sat at the steps. Then, i got to know this guy who looks, talks and sounds like Raymond! His name is Winston, and he said that he knows Jonathan, and i told him that Jonathan is my slave. Anyway... partially true. He is so lame. He kept speaking in this HongKong accent with JingTing. They were so... my goodness... I sat there and MeiHong started disturbing me. And so, with a character like mine, i joined in her fun and started talking about her. I think she got quite pissed, so sorry! Anyway, i was making fun of her. She said that im a dog, and someone's helping me to tie my tie, and she said that its a dog chain. So, i said that at least someone wanna bring me out, because nobody wanna bring a pig out! And then, everybody, especially Jasmine, starting laughing their ass off the steps. I was laughing like crazy too. Its another joke of mine which i didnt expect, thus... making myself tear as i laugh and cry. Anyway, dinner was fun. The food was pathetic, though it looked good... its definitely a disappointment after tasting it.

So... after that, its our free time to walk about for an hour before concert starts. Well, i knew that there wont be anyone. In fact, i think that most of the people would be watching SPCO's concert. Who knows? Before the concert starts, it was quite packed already at SCH! I was surprised that its at least 90% full! Amazing? Yes.

While waiting backstage, we were playing and making noises. Then, while playing the Pipa, this girl came and sat beside me, with her friend holding the camera. Knowing that they wanna take picture with me, i kindly put down my Pipa and smiled for the camera. Im like so popular can? Im joking! Well, then... we took pictures with the plucked string gang... as well as the Pipa group. Its so fun to play with people like this. I think people who treats music as just a play thing, or a hobby, are much nicer than those who are serious with music. Therefore, i find JingTing in particular special. Because she is so freaking... funny! I was making jokes, and she was so blur to fall for it.

I screwed up the ErHu ensemble, did i not mention that? Anyway, as for the rest, it was fine. Felicia's Pipa solo part was good. As for Sharon, it was pretty good too! I was surprised with their performance during the pieces. Anyway, i missed out Jasmine's solo, but i think its rather good during the rehearsal, i just feel that... she's rather restricted with her body language. As for XianYang, i didnt get to hear him perform with his Pianist. Its so funny, the whole concert was like some flying sugar time. Its so sweet, and its just gone like that. I had fun!

Im not sure how XueQi's performance went. I'll hear from others if i have the time. Anyway, i'll be seeing people like Michelle and MinHui tomorrow for school. They've entered the access course, and will be joining us for classes. So exciting? Firstly, they'll have to sing during choir tomorrow! Surprise, surprise!

I took the bus back to TP with them. It was so funny. Jasmine and i were fighting with my unbrella, and she broke it. Its like crooked now. It was classy before, but now... its like damaged. I was showing other people how i, the zoo keeper, tame the panda, Jasmine. And then, it fought back! It was scary. It was close... i almost died in the paws of such a beast! A talking panda, who plays YangQin... indeed trained to be an allrounder animal.

In the bus, they were spreading rumours that there's a cockroach. And i was so scared that i wanted to just take a bus home myself. I sat with JingTing and thats where all the story began. I told her to spread her hand on her face, then i hit it... and she'll hit herself on the face. Then i told her that it smells now... and again, she fell for the same trick twice. Once bitten, and never shy indeed for her. She is so freaking funny! Then, Winston was speaking in Cantonese... and he asked me to teach him some words. Jasmine and i were fighting again. Then, JingTing was there, trying hard to crack lame jokes. Well, there'll be a reception for TPCO. I wonder if im invited this time round. Anyway, i think it'll be damn fun if Jasmine, Winston and JingTing will be there. I'll consider again, because its in March, during my exam period. Im afraid that i might not find the time to. Anyway, will be looking forward to see u guys again! Its been quite a while since i had a concert like this.

Im so tired. I took JingTing's car home again. Her Dad told her that im polite. Well, uncle... of course! Come on! Im like the most polite gentlemen ever! Im so nice and polite. Im courteous too! Anyway, it was fun talking to JingTing.

And so, im home again. Im so tired, i think i might oversleep tomorrow. Please wake me up! Last night, i was talking to Jonathan on the phone. He was again, emotional and almost crying on the phone. He told me his problems, and i just cant say anything else to change how he thinks. He is... just spoilt by everybody. Anyway, then he told me that a customer scolded him and embarrassed him when he was trying to clear her plates. Well, goodjob to the lady! Im like so joking can? Can?

Sometimes, there are the highs and very often, the lows too. Its during my highs when i'll play and forget myself. Its during the lows, that'll remind myself eventually who i am. Im ocassionally someone with conventional thoughts. I pertain to general agreements. Im ordinary at times, but though usually would be different and original.