Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ordinary Fun

Im now listening to this new CD that i bought. Its the soundtrack for the movie, 'Charlotte's Web'. Yes, its because of SarahMcLachlan's performance on this beautiful song, called 'Ordinary Miracle'. The title tells almost everything about the movie, how we can cherish and learn from something so small, something so ordinary. Indeed, some pig.

Was blogging this morning, then after that... i went off to have lunch with Mom and uncle downstairs. Well, its a good meal. We had fried dumplings, XiaoLongBao, and claypot sesame chicken and lastly, claypot pig liver. Anyway, i had a good meal. After that, i went back upstairs to prepare myself. I bathed, and got changed.

I was terribly late, because i told them to meet at Orchard around 5 plus. But in the end, i got there at 6. I waited very long for the bus, and after that... i had to take the MRT down. Im currently stuck with Cher's songs. Some of her old songs are really nice, while some modern ones are appetizing to the ears. Anyway, when i was there, i told them to walk towards OrchardEmerald, and i'll walk towards TheHeerens.

We met halfway, and Christoven wanted to go Cityhall. So, we headed to the nearest bus-stop and took a bus down. SiHan wants to bring us to this fanciful Italian restaurant, Prego. Its at Raffles Hotel, so we needed to cross over. We were walking in circles, because SiHan doesnt really remember where it is exactly. As Christoven, he was quite sure that he knows where it is. I doubted so... and i insisted that we check the guide. Anyway, after the brief description, it rung in my head, and i recalled seeing it before at a corner somewhere.

The place looked expensive, and according to SiHan, it'll cost around $20 for each. I thought maybe that'll be reasonable for a restaurant. But on second thoughts after looking at the menu, its not! Guess how much? Its at the average of $25 each pasta! My goodness... So, i ordered Lasagne, while SiHan recommended this squid ink pasta for Christoven to try. SiHan didnt order anything... We ate bread. We dipped it in this saucer, which has olive oil and vinegar. There was the salsa sauce, which tasted great with the bread too! SiHan said that the size would be filling and reasonable.

When the first pasta came. It didnt even take up space to fill my eyes. If im an elephant, the dish would be the size of a flea. Alright, maybe not that exaggerated. But well... its not enough for me definitely. We shared the 2 dishes. My Lasagne tasted great, though the guy told me that its in the normal proportion. Right! I think that guy has to go look at other Lasagnes, because i think their's can beat urs upside down dude.

We had so much fun talking and crapping about. Then, came this very smart remark from Christoven. Its the highlight of the whole event! Its the climax. So, Christoven, being the diva and the bimbo as well, took up his cup and said very confidently that the squid... is a mammal.

Did u read that? The squid is a mammal! My goodness! Its so freaking funny! SiHan and i were both stumped for a moment, thinking that he might be joking or making some silly remark. But well, he was serious! The squid is a mammal! I wanted to burst myself with laughter, but i thought maybe i should do it at home. Well, SiHan and i stared at each other, while our eyes grew larger and larger. We were both frozen.

So, we started testing Christoven about other animals. But to think of it, which class does the squid belong to? Its not fish... i remember its something else. Anyway...

I paid by Mastercard. The 2 dish cost me about $60. And we've decided to go Fullerton Hotel to eat again after Prego. Out of all the odds, its Fullerton. We actually thought about NightSafari, night walking, Newton, watch a movie, ClarkQuay and the puking ride. Whats the puking ride? Its the ball at ClarkQuay. The reverse bunjee jump. Remember? Have u seen it before? Well, its shot up into the air, while sitting tightly in a ball. So, after eating... we're thinking that if we're to sit that, we'll be puking in the air. Imagine going in circles, while ur puke will just flow out of the mouth, spin and spit all around. I'll pity the one sitting beside the puking person. Slabs of puke.

While heading to Fullerton, there was a change of plan. We stopped by at went to eat at NewYork NewYork! It was full, so we waited outside for a while for them to clear the tables. We got ourselves a very nice spot to slack. I took the sofa seat, while Christoven took the chair. I was taking pictures, and i took a nice picture of Christoven. And well, it explains why he hates taking pictures. But well, most of it is nice, just this one only... so dun fret.

We all shared the dishes, while i drank a bowl of mushroom soup. It tasted bad. We shared 2 plates of ribs! Different ribs, with different sauces. Its cool... and really tiring to chew so much. I had trouble chopping them. And after that, Christoven told me that he bought me a gift! SiHan made me guess it. If i were to guess it right, he'll treat me to a iced chocolate. In the end, i got it right after several guesses. Its very funny, and its a super wierd gift! Really rare too. I didnt expect it, thanks so much! And, i got myself a drink! Its ultra thick.

It made feel quite bloated and as if that im going to blow soon. We went to the taxi stand and waited for a cab home. We fetched Christoven home first, then SiHan brought me to his bus-stop, where i'll take bus 76 home. Its the best direct bus ever, with bus 268 as well. Anyway, i was listening to my music, and time flew really quickly.

Im home already, enjoying my last few hours of my last holiday. Imagine, school will be starting next week. Its time to suffer once again! SiHan, how about history? I havent done it too! Im so bloody screwed. I just cant find the mood to do it, though trust me... theres quite a few free periods, but i just cant get myself to do them! Its stupid, tiring and difficult. I find that these things doesnt relate to me at all... and just somehow, not useful at all too. I dunno what to say... but i understand that DrKan is trying her best to get me something useful to do.

Congratulations to Michelle, MinHui and BenBoo for getting into the access course. In fact, nothing much to congratulate, its obvious that u guys can get in. In fact, in the end, NAFA is earning ur money, and why would they not let u guys in for the course. U dun get a certificate in the end of the day, just maybe slightly smarter, and more adaptive to NAFA's lifestyle. U earn back what u lose somehow too. Its a good thing... i encourage people to join the course too. In fact, i urged Jonathan to pick up the course last time, but he didnt. I dun care the reason why not, and dun tell me, just forget it.

I'll be so tired once again tomorrow. Im going over to TP for rehearsal in the morning, for the ErHu ensemble, then later in the afternoon for the combine rehearsals, which will definitely bore me to death! Help! Thanks to YouGuo in the first place...