Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Inscrutable

Im listening to EvaCassidy now. She has a beautiful voice. Ive heard her sing some other songs before, but now... ive realised how pretty she can sound. So, im planning to buy more of her albums! Anyway, im listening to her American tunes, and it sounds fantastic, though it doesnt match the Celtic looking CD cover.

I just got home from a bus ride. My legs are in pain! I walked for at least 6 hours today. Well, i headed to school in the morning. Was planning to withdraw some cash then take a cab down to school, but too bad... the queue was too long. I stood with the last person, and got slightly choleric and edgy about waiting. So, i walked out and flagged for a cab.

He stopped me outside SimLim, which would save me a dollar or 2. Well, i paid with NETS, which i always do, because they wont send a reciept of my sinful deeds to Mom at the end of every month! Anyway, for cabs, NETS would only cost an additional 30 cents, instead of the card's extra 10%, which would sum up to $1 at times.

Anyway, LumYanSing just called me, and i was shocked. As i was cursing about at home, and moaning over the lack of cash, i think heaven must have heard my cries! She has shown her tenderness to me by sending me a few gigs for me all at once. Ive been working with Stanley at Conrad Hotel during every CNY, well this year... i didnt recieve anything, but suddenly... i got the same gig from Conrad Hotel again, but given by LumYanSing. Well, i'll contact him again when i visit NUS. Anyway, another performance was by YongSoon, and another by ChaoYuan. And finally one more by XiangPeng, which i'll have to find another person to play with me. As for the Conrad Hotel one, i must find a YangQin person. Its hard to find a YangQin person, and Stanley would be the best choice, but i think he aint free this year. Now, i'll consider either HaoSong or asking XiangPeng. Its a tough choice... Who else can improvise well on YangQin? Or at least be very versatile with it. To think of it, im sick of Conrad's bad attitude waitresses. I remembered that bitch... whats her name again?

So, i wasnt really late for class. As usual, i entered class when they've already started their first question. I took somebody else's book because i didnt finish up my homework. Anyway, we managed to distract EricWatson, or that he has forgotten that he'll check our work. So, the class ended like that... and i asked him about music technology class, and he said that he will change the class back to Wednesday, instead of the clashing time with harmony lecture. Anyway, i would prefer the clash, because... we'll be missing more lessons. Im joking... but seriously... nevermind. I was so relieved, and i put back the book into the room. Jwen found her book, and i took this book which she stole previously when she found out that her book was missing, which is found now. Get it? As for me, i have mine... but i didnt do. Its complicating.

Had lunch with my uncle, who came to school to fetch me. Before that, i was watching MadTV with LianWei, and we laughed like mad. Anyway, i ate simple food which tasted so good! I wanna go there again... but i cant find company, plus that fact that its quite far away. Im thinking of going there during lunch tomorrow or something, since class will start at 4 after our tutorial during noon. He gave me money, and i suddenly felt rich and equipped. Though its merely $50, but it made me feel powerful as compared to before. I was incompetent and to an extent... impotent. But now, im filthy opulent, moneyed and flushed with cash! Im joking... i think its enough to last for a week... with my thrifty character. Right? Right...

After eating... i headed back to school to shit. Then, after that... headed for the platform performance. I was so liquidated when i saw the programme sheet, its all Piano music! Well, the Piano is so overrated, thats why i dun really like them. Anyway, i sat alone, till QingLun came and accompanied me. He slept from the second piece onwards. As for me, i hate to sleep during concerts... but ive no choice! I fell into deep slumber... till some pieces which shook me up.

Ive nothing planned, neither to i have the Pipa to practice. I feel so weak again. So, Fairul, LianWei, YinXuan and i agreed to go out together. YinXuan and LianWei headed for class first, while i accompanied Fairul to this weird place to get his hair cut. We walked to orchard, under the burning sun and with our sweaters on. I wanted to kill him already, but well... soon, we got there already, though i havent felt walking for such a short distance which felt like some hiking session. I sat there and read the magazine while waiting for his haircut. Well, the couple looked wierd, are they Malay or Chinese? Anyway, the girl looked very pretty.

After that, we went shopping. I kept taking pictures and telling him how ugly his haircut is. I think he shouldnt cut so short anymore. It sucks! Alright, i know that im in no position to criticise anybody, because im ugly, fat and sucky. But, because of that, who cares! Im going to say anything i want. Hear my evil laughter...

We looked through many weird things at OG, before LianWei and YinXuan arrived. Fairul was taking pictures with these few ugly hats. They're obviously for woman, and probably old woman or cancer patients. He took this green hairy hat and wore it... I was running away for my life from embarrassment! LianWei called me several times, and we met up with them in OG.

We headed down, and with the shopping list of shoes, wallets and for me, CDs. Actually, i really need a wallet. Someone told me that it isnt good to have a wallet with holes, its like superstitious. Its the origin of my woes for cash! It must be. Ive realised it after hearing it. Anyway, we entered 2 cafes, twice, with YinXuan's initiation of buying drink. In the end, we walked out empty handed twice too. He doesnt wanna drink when we dun wanna drink... thats the problem. Anyway, i dun drink coffee... remember? Fairul was worried about DrGoh, because he skipped class. As for me, i was thinking of skipping aural this morning, but... while thinking, im already in the cab... so what the hell, just go for it.

We shopped at wierd places, and found nothing really fanciful or nice. As for shoes, ive told Mom to get them for me from Malaysia. Ive fallen for some wierd leather shoes that i saw when i went Malaysia that horrible day to visit my grandfather. Remember? Anyway, i told her to get them back for me. Its 3 for the price of 2. Meaning... they give 1 free, when we buy 2. Its not really that bad, the quality looked fine. Anyway, its just for performances next time and stuff. Its too glamerous to wear something like that for casual purposes. Im thinking of getting a durable wallet... though i found one in OG, Fairul kept telling me that it'll break and end up like my current one. Anyway, i saw this coin pouch from FXCreation, and i condemned it straight away. I tried using it anyway, and i put in a few coins... and threw it on the floor... and the coins came out! There, see! FXCreation sucks!

We headed to TheHeerens, and saw this programme going on. They had cameras rolling, and a stupid female host on stage barking away. Everybody was crowding there, witnessing a terrible event in history. Well, its some dance programme, and there are 2 groups of dancers only. Its the final showdown, but it looks like... the finalists are not that great afterall. When they introduced the judges, i thought that its like rather cool, because the judges danced damn well! The first one was so suave and smooth with his moves, the second one was a lady in baggy shirts and pants. She was flapping away... and she almost took flight! Fantastic. The last one is this ugly Chinese guy, which pink hair... which LianWei thinks is cool. Anyway, the dancers were so... freaky. They give me the chills! Its like watching people who cannot play Pipa play some Pipa pieces and pretend to be very good. I dunno... but u get what i mean? They danced so horribly, and their instructors were there. The female instructor was cool. She was cool on stage. As for the guy instructor, its totally a blow off! He is gay, ultimately. Not that bad actually, but its like he's stealing the limelight of the contestants. He was dancing away... and his moves were so freaking gay! I think u can imagine... male dancers. They're mostly like that, but not like that NAFA, and i thank the heaven for that. I'll be working with some of them soon. Im glad that they're nice people, and mostly from China.

We left, and urged Fairul to go. His eyes were stuck with this guy dancer, who won the competition. And they were prized with this HongKong trip. Well, cool right? Not cool. Anyway, they were faking their accent in HongKong style when they begged the judges to let them win. My goodness! My hair was not just standing... they were freaking popping out of my skin! Thats gross.

We walked over all of orchard. We invaded shopping centres and malls. We had dinner at Takashimaya, and i ordered this $8 Ipoh noodles! Well, its supposed to be Korean, but it looked so much like those noodles in Ipoh, which is in Malaysia. What the hell... Anyway, they only spent like $5 for their food. Anyway, it didnt taste quite bad. The drink was so expensive too.

They were all complaining that i rest my arm on their shoulder too much. But i had to... so they took turns to let me rest my arm. Finally, we landed in ThatCDShop, which turned out to a nightmare for LianWei i think. Fairul had already gone off for rehearsal already. LianWei was sitting there... and rotting away. He said that he felt like puking, maybe its the cinematic effects? Anyway, LianWei cant watch movies in cinemas. He has a phobia for cinemas, he'll puke when he goes into one. Cool right? I mean, wierd right? Anyway, i didnt know that YinXuan is such a shopper too! He bought 4 CDs at one goal! I was shocked... I only have 3 HighSociety CDs, and he has like 4 now! He is... powerful! Im encouraging him to get the membership card, so that we'll be entitled to 10$ off next time. Anyway, i gave him my reciept so that he can get a total of $250 within 2 months to get the membership. I want it for myself too, but i didnt know, because i used to buy CDs from there like crazy too.

After shopping at FarEast, we headed home. There, i spotted this Indian guy with my similar sweater. I hid at a corner because i think he noticed me too... and he quickly turned around with his friend. I pulled YinXuan to a corner and headed in another direction. Later, while bitching about that guy, i saw a couple, with this guy wearing the similar shirt im wearing! I almost fainted, and i spotted it out to them. They were laughing away. Anyway, u know how it feels when u see someone else wearing the same shirt right? Unless its some publicity shirt, or some organisation shirt. I felt terrible.

Im home now, trying hard to finish up with this entry... so that i'll be able to play games with LianWei. I just sent Tillabong a recording, and Andy some other songs. I finally sent Daniel the Pipa piece he has been eager to listen to. Let me go rest now... i think i should sell MP3s, or recordings. I'll be rich if people would buy them from me. Of course, i know its illegal. Anyway, nobody has bought any from me, so dun bother reporting to the police alright? My cousin is doing the police force, i'll surrender to him myself when i do, alright? Please dun do anything silly.


Im delighted in keeping people guessing. My thought processes are eclectic, inscrutable and unpredictable. However, i hate to guess myself. Can we stop this game? Just tell me, whats wrong?