Thursday, January 18, 2007

Buffeted

My ears are killing me! It was alright just now, but now... its stuck again! I wanna inject water into my ears and clean them... if that helps.

I didnt attend class today. i wonder what went on during lecture. I woke up late, and went for lunch with Mom and uncle. We fetched him from this car repair place. I dunno why, but his car will visit that place rather often. I think its his horrible driving skills. Anyway, we had a good meal for lunch. After that, we drove him to the MRT station. I helped him with the tickets, and told him how to get to whereva he wanna go. I dunno what to say about him, i just dun like his attitude. Its not negative, but just kinda irritating at times.

After going home, i headed to the clinic to visit the doctor. Hoping thats DrYap, i was disappointed that it wasnt. Well, its another doctor, but at least its not DrYeo, that fucking heartless bitch! Im sorry for the vulgarity. Anyway, today... its DrSoh, a better looking doctor, who sounded alot more polite in any way as compared to that DrYeo. She read through my records, and learned that play the Pipa. Surprised, i asked her how did she know, and she told me that the other doctor wrote it beside my name. I think its just some little details for them to remember me, or to have something to talk about. Surprisingly, she plays the ErHu! She was telling me that she's learning at a CC. I figured that she might be from KBCO, and im right. So smart of me. Then, we were talking about playing music, performances and learning the Pipa. It was nice talking to her, as she checked my pulses and stuff, i felt more comfortable. That DrYeo was just out to molest me! She is freaking horrible! I complained about her to DrSoh, and she laughed. I think she might be on her side... Anyway, its the first time im paying my happiest $20 for the medicine and MC.

I headed home and told Mom to fetch me down to school at night. I'll be having class tomorrow with YanYu, and performance class later after that. Im going to play a small piece tomorrow, but i still have to practice it, because its troublesome and rather risky at certain parts. Ive gone through the scores at home mentally and thought about the fingerings and the dynamics.

Played games till dinner time. I spent the whole afternoon watching videos on YouTube, and things from MadTV are driving me mad! Its freaking funny, and there are many amazing things on YouTube too. Its like the best companion when ur lonely. I love u, YouTube.


Had dinner with grandma, her friend and Mom. I ate little, because im still full from lunch. I ate my favourite dishes, and stole grandma's eggs. I mean... eggs from her dish. After eating, i headed down to school.

Was practicing till my hands were like aching. For the whole piece, my hands will have to stay on the upper positions almost all the time. I'll be playing low notes, and its super tiring! Imagine playing one whole stretch of melody by harmonics, thats freaking tiring too. How dangerous can that be? Anyway, its a small ancient tune, and its rather challenging. After that, i went through the score for lesson tomorrow with YanYu. Till now, im still having problems projecting my sound. I havent found anybody who can project very well either. My hands were stiff when i tremolo for 4 phrases, without breaks, and with crescendo somemore, accents and plucking of other strings as well. Its super tiring! My hands were breaking off if they're made of clay.

I took a break, and headed out to disturb TingTing and YeowYee. They knew that im having flu, and TingTing was shouting when i get near her. She doesnt wanna fall ill, because her exams are coming. Then, i purposely rubbed my nose and pretend to get close to her Zheng. She was shouting and yelling like a mad monkey. YeowYee sat there, and was dodging away from my bacteria infected fingers. It was so fun.

Then, i also went to the computer lab. ShuMin, Richard and Sebestian were there. Both of the guys were watching anime. Then, i saw Tommy, and talked to him. I was so bored, because i got nothing to do.

Soon, after practicing for abit more, Richard asked if i was leaving. The clock struck 11, but i was still taking my time to practice some parts. Tommy was with me, and before that... we headed to the Percussion studio to listen to Bartok's piece for Percussion and 2 Pianos. Well, Fhairil and ZhengYi were on the Percussion, while YunQi and... this Thai girl or Vietnamese girl, were on the Pianos. There were 2 Pianos there, surprisingly. FeiYang, HaiJie, Tommy and i sat there throughout the whole piece, which lasted for at least 10 minutes? It was pretty nice, though many parts sounded hasty. There was this part which sounded kinda wrong, but i think its meant to be like that. Fhairil would know, because i gave him this wierd face... and he was laughing.

Well, without a blink, its already half past 11. Everybody left school already, leaving only Tommy and i. He helped me with the packing up of the Pipa, while i waited for him to pack his bag. He was keeping his things, and also taking much time closing the lids of the Piano. I waited for him, and i had to bang open the door because the security locked the doors already. Instead of risking taking the lift, i initiated taking the stairs all the way down.

Mom came late, and i told her to fetch Tommy to National Library. We dropped him off somewhere near there, and he walked over himself.

Well, just got home, and its a pretty short day to substitute for the stress tomorrow. Just now, Mom was calling me to carry something. I told her to carry it herself in a funny way. Then i told her to hand it over, but she refused to and she said that she's very obedient, since i told her to carry it, she'll carry it. It was so... dots. Then, we were talking about some old Chinese movies, its about this ten brothers who has special abilities. Does it ring a bell? Well, im asking her to go find the VCD. I hope she'll remember...

I feel ignored. I dunno whether its just me, or the swinging mood, and probably just the play of destiny. Its meant to be like that, it'll never cease. I must be soundly cudgeled by fate in my previous life. Sigh...