Saturday, January 13, 2007

Conspectus

I came home early today, and i almost forgot to blog! I am ripping music off my CDs, deciding which to put into my phone. I went through all my old CDs, and found some attractive ones, well some just didnt quite fit my appetite for music now. Ive realised that there are many CDs which ive not really listened to. Im not spending enough time with my CDs, and those like Pink or GwenStafani are so neglected. I wish that im more tractable, and listen to Mom.

I forced myself up today. I woke up really early, just to take a bus to TP. I dragged myself out of bed, and my feet to the shower. I splashed myself hesitantly, hoping that it'll shock my body awake. U know, sometimes ur physically down... but yet mentally, u know what u wanna do and stuff. U understand? Well, its like that. I was feeling so sleepy! But, in my mind, i knew that ive to wake up and get ready for rehearsal.

So, i took the bus down to TP today. It took me almost an hour plus. I thought that ive planned my time well... but it turned out that im still slightly late for the rehearsal for the ErHu ensemble. Everybody was there already... well, i walked in slowly and took out my Pipa to practice a few parts with them. I went through the score, and found no major problems. Technically, its alright... and musically, its not up to me to express much. Im just a supporting accompaniment. XianYang was missing, he didnt come for the rehearsal in the morning. We only saw him after lunch.

Lunch was fine. I ate with Kenny, Louis and gang. Well, after that... took some time to walk back to TP. I brought out an umbrella today. The same one, the black one. The rehearsal went on from 10 till 5 in the afternoon. I tell u, its really mentally tedious. I was so worn out. The friction in my brain kept burning inside. I was going mad already. JingTing could tell probably, because i kept disturbing her and kept laughing away... Kenny was sitting beside me, and he was so irritating!

Well, i really dun wanna talk about the rehearsal, because its such a bore! After the combine practice, there was the plucked string ensemble pieces. JingTing and i were sharing a stand, and i was counting my beats purposefully, thus knocking the stand. Therefore, she cant see the notes of the score, because the stand is jerking up and down. So, she played wrongly very loudly! She was distracted by the stand, and she didnt look at the position she was pressing, therefore... she played everything a semitone higher. It was very loud. Everybody turned back to stare at her. She was so embarrassed! And there were times when i'll purposely breath and prepare myself to enter, though i know its not the entrance yet. It'll shock her and she'll be caught unprepared and she'll either play, or realise it abit later. Its really... entertaining, but i can understand how pesky i was. Sorry for all the trouble, JingTing. But well, had fun playing with u.

After rehearsal, JingTing's Dad fetched be back home. Well, she stays really near me, in fact... she's Sherwin's neighbour. They stay in some walking distance away. She is very funny, and has a good temper unlike Jasmine. Im joking... but Jasmine blew up today. Not literally, or the angry sort. She was pissed and frustrated about her cues for the ensemble. She has to cue, but yet... some will rush, or maybe its her cuing problem. Who knows? But well, i think its both parties. She didnt cue properly for the first few times. And for the rest, im not very sure. She has a solo tomorrow, in fact... quite a few other orchestral solos. I think i can understand the stress she's going through. Actually... not much stress right? So simple, just some notes.

I'll be looking forward to her performance tomorrow. And of course, XueQi's solo performance at SP, though i cannot attend due to my own performance at SCH, with TP. Im not sure why they wanna pick the same date for a concert. Anyway, SP is SingaporePolytechnic. Its rather strange, but its said that TP booked the hall first, and used the date for their concert, while SP picked the same date, when they can use their own hall anytime in their own campus. Im not sure, im just stating things that ive heard...

So, after coming home... i quickly took out some programme booklets to refer to. I wrote my own resume. My biography looked quite screwed up. In fact, its rather short... though theres still so much not written inside. Some other things aint quite important anyway... so nevermind them. I wrote about my secondary school days, then my performances as well as my competition. Well, i gave credit to some people, being LiuYan, ZhangNianBing, YanYu, YouGuo and SamuelWong. LiuYan taught me Ruan, while ZhangNianBing taught me general music stuff as well as the Ruan and Pipa. Those were the secondary school days. In CSCO, i got to know YouGuo, and because of him, thats how i got myself to where i am now. Thanks to him, my teacher, friend and mentor. And as well as my senior, who've given me guidance throughout my journey, SamuelWong. And finally, to the woman who has given 'birth' to me, YanYu!

Im glad about my resume, and i found a photo and sent it all the mail that LimChooLi requested me to send to. She told me to send tonight, thus i had to rush and get all the notes and things done. It spent me an hour to figure what to write. Its like composition exam during my Os, i get stuck with the first word or the first paragraph. My mind went blank for a while, and didnt know what else to pen down. Anyway, after referring to biographies of people like YouGuo, Patrick, YongSoon and MikeChiang, i figured some common things and wrote them all down in my resume. I was considered nice enough not to be too fake like Benedict's resume. His looked quite fake, and in fact... full of crap. I think there are too much bluffing and misleading sentences. He really knows how to crap. As for me, i did crap abit... and mostly, i was just stating facts and not self praising. I didnt write that im a young talented homegrown musician. I just wrote that im a young musician. How honest right? And i didnt write that im the first runner up, i just wrote in a blunt way that im second. Sounds more honest right? I hope that people wont take my resume and start criticising and jeering at it, though i'll expect quite a few to.

Im tired. Tired of reality and plastic people. I wanna just close my eyes and lie there to enjoy the breeze. The silence will keep my soul pure and my mind fresh from corrupted thoughts. In the night of rain, the ruddy reflections of my light incarnadine the clouds till my entire body appears to be the prey of a monster conflagration.

Its still pouring on me. I hope that i'll wake up in time tomorrow for CSCO, and later in the noon for TPCO's rehearsal at SCH. The performance will start around 7 plus in the evening. I hope everybody will come, though i didnt ask anyone to. Im just a guest musician, and i dun really wish to go through that period when i have to beg people to come watch my concert, and its tiring to. If u guys wanna come, just come, or ask me. If u dun really want to, theres no room for me to persuade u afterall. We're all like grown musicians already, we would know how that feels and have the maturity to decide for ourselves. So... save up the tears and the saliva. Im not asking anything from u, but if u wish to come... please call me tomorrow.