Saturday, January 06, 2007

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Im feeling blase about blogging today. Well, nothing much happened. Last night, Mom was scolding me and telling me to tidy my room because there'll be a guy coming over to fix the air-con. Finally... the air-con is functional! Well, i'll have to wait till morning to see the effects. If its alright, it wont be leaking tomorrow. Lets see...

The cities did nothing to me, its the hinterlands which made me. Just like my friends, ive to reflect upon those people who made me to who i am today. Its people like WeiFeng, YouGuo and ZhangNianBing... of course there are many more. Well, to think of it, its mostly people i dun hang much around with anymore. I just took a bus back with WeiFeng, after shopping at Bugis with XianYang.

Anyway, nothing filled my schedule other than TPCO's rehearsal. I went there in the morning, and Mom didnt wanna fetch me, so i had to take a cab. When i was there, they were already rehearsing, but its another piece. Ive to accompany the ErHu ensemble, and some of the running notes are so troublesome. I think i'll keep flopping it until i get it right one day. After that, we headed for lunch opposite TP.

I ate KFC with Kenny, XianYang and gang. The rest ate at the foodcourt. Then, theres always this topic thats ubiquitous. Its like omnipresent, and all around. It'll always be there, and its always something to talk about, though im not very comfortable talking about it at times. But well, its the revolving topic that refreshes itself all the time. Then, Kenny told me that he got scolded by Louis during practice at MDC yesterday. Kenny couldnt play this excerpt for LiuQin, and while playing, Louis suddenly shouted at his ears, shouting for him to play. He told me that after he shouted, there's an ever going on ringing sound in his ears. Well... Louis is like that, he's different when it comes to practice. Serious at work, but totally different after that. As for me, i carry myself whereva i go. How i am in life, will reflect in my work as well. Im thus, a failure.

After eating, we headed back for combine rehearsal. It was tedious to sit there for hours. Imagine, i spent another 8 hours or so at TP again! As for others, i know, they might be spending more. But for me, i think its quite serious already. Im already mentally worn out when its dinner time.

XianYang gave us a lift, and we headed to his father's shop. Then, after passing his car over to his Dad, we took ZhengZhongXian's car. He is the conductor of TPCO, a very ultimately friendly conductor who doesnt scold much. He is really very gentle and very nice. Anyway, he plays the ErHu in SCO.

4 of us went for dinner together. The conductor recommended some Taiwan porridge stall. Its really nice, though quite expensive for a few dishes with small portions. Well, we had a good time talking, and for me, listening and learning. After dinner, he fetched us to the nearest MRT, and we headed to Bugis.

Its quite surprising that XianYang would come along, because it'll be going somewhere against the direction of his home, since he's so close to home. We ended in Bugis, though WeiFeng suggested Tampines. At Bugis, we stood outside the boxoffice and tried finding some movies to watch. XianYang wanted to watch this R21 film, but they've to consider me. So sorry, i cant grow old suddenly. Anyway, i think its alright if someone buy the ticket for me right? How does it work? Do u guys know? I havent bought an R21 movie ticket before.

Forget about the movies, we went shopping for WeiFeng's bag and probably shirt. We tried looking high and low for something that fits him, but we couldnt! We found nothing! Actually, we did find some really nice things, as for me... i found many things that looked kinda pretty. Im searching for a wallet, and its difficult to find one that suits me. I like wallets that have more than a purpose. I dunno how to explain... but its just simply like that, not just a simple wallet. Im picky...

We've decided to come out shopping again, but only after Wednesday when WeiFeng and XianYang gets their pay. We'll go shopping for cheap stuffs. I noticed that there've been a discount breakout. Every shop is promoting something, and they're having at least 50% off! Its the best time to shop seriously. But, im not sure about that... ive to consider my limits. I dun really care actually... and i wanna buy something! I cannot wait! Firstly, i saw this strap for the handphone. I wanna get it! As for CDs, some other time... they can wait. Now its time to get all the items that are on discount.

We got ourselves settled at MOSBurger, and WeiFeng bought fries, while i bought 2 soup. Its really nice, i love their soup! So, we sat down there talking and XianYang told me that'll he'll help me find performances at funerals, for quick cash. Well, i know... because funeral gigs are really plentiful. In fact, they've to separate themselves into different groups to run around everyday. Its tiring... And he is trying to find, and he'll ask whether they need Pipa. Im sure they do, because its such a popular instrument to play melodies. Then, i dunno how... they it brought us to another totally different topic. They were sitting there and regurgitating their stories during their first 3 months in the army.

Well, its filled with plenty of horror and fun. Its a farrago of everything actually! I find it quite a nightmare. It first came to me like an image bursting behind the clouds, shrouded by the mist of doubt. Im not sure how its really like. The condition, the people, the attitude, the punishments, the workouts, the lifestyle, the food, the accomodation and the officers! Well... there's so much to think about. As for them, they're really lucky to fall under the lower classes, so that they can be posted to MDC. So lucky! As for me, im not sure whats wrong with my body, other than being fat. Fat is not an excuse! Anyway, i heard them talk about scary stories... which has been passed down ever since those days in Tekong. Its quite hilarious, but to think of it, its really tiring and troublesome. Imagine needing to do exercises everyday! I dun mind if they force me to practice for 12 hours instead of working out for 2 hours. Im that desperate. Anyway, let me think of some problems with myself...

I cant breath through my nose that often, because they are 2 large tissues which blocks each nostril. Most of the time, i breath through my mouth. I cant walk too much, because i'll feel this stretch of pain at the bottom of my feet. The skin underneath will feel like its tearing... im not sure whether thats one of the signs of flatfoot. Anyway, ive twisted my right ankle twice, quite seriously. When i was shopping with QingLun that day, it felt terribly painful when i went back home. I couldnt stand long. I think my ankles are like loose... Anyway, what else? Yes, backache which comes like some rage of pain! And yes, my stomach hurts sometimes. I dun wish to injure my fingers during NS. I have to rely on them for the rest of my life...

Its tough to be a musician in Singapore. There's little room for the arts. In fact, little room for music as well. Its just a little island, and imagine everybody being fishermen. All the fishes will be gone sooner or later, and eventually... everybody will die, because there wont be any fishes left, and everybody has no money! In general, or probably in clearer terms, theres just too many musicians around!

Juxtapose my life with urs. Find any contrast? Or similarity? U guys read my blog, and u know almost everything about my life. Not totally, but almost all of it. What i do, what i did, what have i done. Its all here in this blog. But i havent found another blogger like me, who'll waste his or her time to blog everyday in detail about his or her life. I'll love to read a blog entry like that, not just about those fanciful pictures with really meaningless quizzes or puzzles. Come on, blog it out.

Anyway, Fairul's always saying this word, this title of mine today. But does he really know what it means? Its actually just a nonsensical word, derived from kids and children who wanna say that something is really good, or fantastic. Its been approved to be the longest word in the English dictionary. Anyway, there are so many words being born annually. They'll be renewing the dictionaries and republishing new editions. The world keeps on going and progressing. We've nowhere to proceed, but only to go up. Once we're up there, we can only start to fall. Beware of the steps... it'll be a painful way down. Why dun we take a rest?