Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hedonism

I just got home from a really long bus ride. Im now waiting for Jonathan to call me, so we can talk things out. Well, i talked to QingLun about things, and well... i must admit that im kinda too harsh on him. But on the other hand, im still certain that he should feel sorry for his own mistakes. As for me, im sorry. It'll be a waste to start from scratch, so... lets just leave things as it is. If he calls, then we'll talk, if he doesnt... then nevermind, im not going to bother.

I headed to school. Mom fetched me down today, because i woke her up. Then, when its time for lecture, exactly at 11, there was like nobody in the recital hall. So, i took my time and headed to my big bag to grab my books. Meanwhile, i met... who did i saw? Forget it, lecture was fun today. MrYap's mood was extremely good. Though he didnt cut out on his lame jokes, he was fine with calling me so many times. There were a few times i wasnt listening, and i was asking Christoven something... and he called my name. Its so embarrassing, ive to answer something i dunno. So, i just agreed with anything he said... and he was like... dots. I played with Fhairil's magnets, because its so freaking cool. Its like this 2 oval shaped magnets. They look rather... shiny, and its smooth and its... like some silver coloured thingi. Cool! I wanna get one too! Anyway, we went through the book today, totally all from the reference book, there wasnt any powerpoint slides. We read through many things, and we're so shot in the head after he told us our format for exams. It'll consist of 3 different sections. Firstly, the usual 4 part harmony question. Then, we'll be tested with our definitions, such as omnibus progression, eliptical resolution and things like added chords. Finally, for the horror part, we'll be given a 2 page long piece to analyse. It'll be an extract actually, but 2 pages is like... such a killer!

After harmony, i headed to the computer lab for music technology. I felt so dreadful. EricWatson taught us this new programme, which can enable us to handle and manipulate audio files. Its quite cool actually, so i extracted my own songs from my CD and used it. Its CyndiLauper's old songs, and it sounded tribal when i reverse the whole track. Anyway, ive to finish up my homework that i owe him. Who is my partner? I guess it'll be LianWei then.

Im quite frightened about tomorrow, because its so unexpected. Im thinking whether i should skip class... Anyway, i had nobody to eat with me, so i headed to Bugis with QingLun. I had no intention of doing anything till Dedric called me to go teach at Temasek. Well, TMSCO is under the baton of ZhengZhongXian, and ive heard them play before. MrYeo didnt go teach today, and i so i had to ask the address from YouGuo. Dedric told me that they dun allow anybody to wear short pants and slippers. As for the slippers, ive no choice. The pants, i solved it straight away. I headed to shop! I found this brown long pants, and i bought it straight away with some other green shirt that i chose from a selection of brown and green clothings. Anyway, they cost me like $100, so i managed to redeem myself some free red packets! So nice.

I headed outside and flagged for a cab. I didnt bother going to the taxi stand, because its so freaking crowded! Anyway, a cab stopped over and somebody alighted, so... its fated. I took the cab over... and i realised that its so near to Kenny's house! So, thats the school... I called Kenny and he told me that he's dying. He was teaching SiLing at that time, and he told me that the DaRuan has no frets! I was laughing away... while i waited outside the CO room for ZhengZhongXian to come. He was slightly late, and he brought me in and told me that he'll run through the pieces with the orchestra before i teach them for sectionals. Well, they sounded good enough for me. I stood at a corner and listened to the plucked section, and i realised some problems with punctuation, and for the YangQin, they didnt quite come out well at their showy parts. The ZhongRuans were dominating, but not precise enough in cutting strict rhythms. The Pipas were fine, just sounded quite dirty especially with the tremolo parts. The LiuQins sounded just like any LiuQin would sound. The DaRuans were soft, i couldnt quite hear them though i tried squinting my ears. Doesnt work...

They broke off for sectionals, and they started packing the room. Its an art room actually, because there are so many paintings and stuff around. I wore my nails and started tuning the instruments. Im lucky that i dun have to teach YangQin. Blessed! I tuned the ZhongRuans, then the LiuQins, DaRuan and finally... the Pipas. Well, there were familiar faces around and some of them helped out at the TPCO concert. Well, they recognised me i guess. When i entered the room, i heard a commotion within the Ruans. Anyway, Gale was there. I thought she's still in primary school, but then... i refreshed myself and told myself that people do grow! Well, she played really well. I taught the Pipa section with ease. They were all very friendly and they played well. I taught them simple things like phrasing, and did most of the demonstrations on Gale. Well, i hoped that they had fun. The LiuQins were neglected by me as usual, but i did run through important things with them. Next, the DaRuans were having problems, because they are kinda harder to press for the girls. So, i played for them, and they memorised my fingerings. As for me, i was kinda like confused with the DaRuan fingerings. I had to think really hard, and i played so many wrong notes. I was so embarrassed. The ZhongRuans were fine. Then, there were freshies coming in, and the Pipa group was so enthusiastic! They started cheering and encouraging people to learn Pipa. Well, its kinda nice and funny to see them like that. Maybe... its because that i havent experienced anything like that since school days. True, i missed out quite a chunk of crap from ACS, thats why i love the school so much. Im sarcastic, yes. Anyway, i dun feel like moving on to another paragraph, so please bear with it. I went through the pieces together with them as a whole, with me sitting in the middle demonstrating and requesting for higher demands from them. First thing i asked for was sound, then rhythm and next, precision with timing and opening and closing phrases. Though i didnt kinda ask for their names, i think i felt quite comfortable with them, especially the Pipa group and some of the Ruans. So, i went through the piece in an incredibly fast tempo, they couldnt take it and told me that its too fast. We broke into laughter... and i found it quite fast too, so... we slowed down the tempo. But well, in the end, they'll rush into the original tempo that i started out with... and they'll complain that its too fast again. Its so dots. The most important thing is that i had really so much fun with them. Before leaving, they were asking whether i can come again with Kenny. They missed Kenny too! I was laughing and i told them i had fun teaching them, and i'll miss them. I can assume that they had fun too then. I hope to go over again! I told YouGuo that i had fun, and i think he might send me there again... please, hopefully! I prefer having fun, because im only relief teacher, so... i cant push them too hard, or change much of their fingerings or anything. Its not my job, and its rude to change YouGuo's teachings. So, i'll just sit back and go through general basic things which i can polish up on.

After teaching, i headed to drink with ZhengZhongXian and the Cello teacher. Well, im not so sure of his name. He performed with him before, and he plays the ErHu too. He is a guest musician for SCO at times. Im not sure, anyway... i took ZhengZhongXian's car... and we headed to a coffeeshop opposite Kenny's place. We ordered drinks, and he ordered food for us. Well, first... there was vegetable, then tofu... and chicken. I thought thats the end, but who knows... the lady came with another fish! We were like so full. I felt kinda bad, because i didnt pay for anything. But well, its like custom... if i pay, i think they'll feel insulted. Im not sure of what to do, everytime i eat with teachers like them, i just sit behind and pay if i have the chance to. Last time, WuYouYuan was like that too... he paid for our food and drinks. Its so wierd. Anyway, ZhengZhongXian told me about his trip to HongKong with the quartet, which MikeChiang is involved too. Sometimes i can guess what he's trying to tell me with his selection of words. Secrets and hidden feelings in certain sentences sparked out to me. And well, they played for this concert which featured modern pieces. The concert was really cool i bet. And they performed with a group from HongKong, its a quartet like thingi which has a YangQin, Ruan, LiuQin and Cello, or actually... a LaRuan. They are 4 girls, and im not sure about them actually. So, then we talked about TMSCO. I told him the problems with the plucked strings, and he talked about the past on TMSCO and current problems such as teachers... and pupils. Well, i must say that TMSCO has quite a good attitude in general. I love the students there. They're really nice! Love them!

I took bus 13 to Michelle's house there, and transfered to bus 76, which brought me straight to my doorstep. I was sleeping in the bus, and i woke up to find this fine looking white chocolate bar staring at me. I was blushed, and i headed back to sleep. Was it dreamy, or just really a dream? So fine.

Alright, theres nothing else that i wanna talk about. Im still waiting for the call, and i hope that my phone will ring before i sleep. Let fate decide. Goodnight.