Thursday, January 11, 2007

Delimit

Its pouring outside. Im wet and im ready to blog. I think sometimes, a little rain will do my temper good. U know, sometimes i can burn up a degree. But well, ive been rather calm these few days, and especially my days in NAFA. Im so disappointed, and feeling rather blue about certain things. What can i ask for? Its bowdlerised stuff from my life. I stress myself to keep away from such debris. Now, theres a difference between that with rubbish and trash. Debris is the remains of something that is broken or destroyed. Whereas rubbish is discarded food, like junk, while trash is something totally worthless. Im considering trash, but i thought... maybe not. Its something better! Its the debris of trash. Imagine...

I woke up kinda late this morning, but i tried taking another bus to school. I knew that im going to be late for DrGoh's lecture if im going to take bus 166. So, i took bus 851 till TekkaMall, and from then, i took another bus to school. Its much faster! I think i shall go to school that way if im going to be late. I'll still prefer bus 166, because i dun have to change bus, and moreover, i can sit more comfortably at times. To think of it, its still the same... Anyway, im happy enough that ive found a new way to go to school. Actually, i take bus 851 home all the time, and its just a reverse way of going to school, its logical.

I was early for lecture, and so i went upstairs to walk about. When i went back, DrGoh was marking attendance, i wonder will he mark me late... hopefully not, because i wasnt suppose to. Thanks to me. Today, DrGoh taught us the use of modes. Its one of my favourite thingi! I love modal music. In fact, i like modes that are exotic in some way. Ive heard music which have been stuck in my head for a long time, and they're usually in modes. Im going to experiment all the modes, when im free... We sang songs with modes, and learned how to harmonise them. In fact, ive done some arrangements of the modal melodies from our sightsinging book before, and ive harmonised them too. If u want, u can ask for it. Its just for fun anyway, dun criticise it and post it on the net and vilify me please...

After class, i went to eat with LianWei, YinXuan and Mark. Wait! Before that, we had harmony tutorial! How can i forget? Anyway, i showed Yohanna the gift that Christoven gave me. She was so fascinated by it. Poor Yohanna, she has to see us both again! Its a curse... Anyway, we went through several new stuff today. I think they're old, but new to me though. I had to go up and write out the harmony for this bass melody. Then, she gave out our test papers. I was so shocked when i saw it. I passed my harmony! Freaking cool? I dun believe it! This is the second time in my life that ive passed my harmony! Cool? I got like 54 out of a 100. Thats like super good, and super good! I love myself. Yohanna was glad too, i think... We went through the chords for our homework, and i managed to talk enough crap to make myself sound smart. Then, i used some of the very wierd chords, which aint right or wrong, and Yohanna said that those arent very WeiKang's chords. Ur right, i think im feeling quite motivated to do harmony!

Its YinXuan's birthday. Happy birthday to him, he'll be 24 this year. So, we ate at this Chinese restaurant. Its not really a restaurant, its opposite SimLim. I ate this HongKong noodle... and we were talking about our teachers. Well, as usual... ive heard this story from YinXuan and LianWei before already. They arent very happy with their teacher, because he doesnt teach them much. They feel rather useless under him. As for Mark, i think he's fine with his teacher. For me, im totally cool with YanYu! She's like the best can? I love her.

After eating, we headed for soya, and as usual... the 2 stalls are fighting for business. Then, the auntie saw me and she quickly waved for me to go over. And so... we went back to eat at the same old stall.

Practiced the Pipa, and went through the score with TingTing. Im considering playing a duet with TingTing for my exam. Its the same piece that i'll be playing with LimChooLi. Well, TingTing could sightread it, because she's played it with YouGuo before. Im glad that things are going quite smoothly for now. So, im going to play these 2 pieces that i'll be performing for my exam. The first one would be 'ShiMianMaiFu' and next, 'ChunJiangHueYueYe'. Well, as for the formal, u might have heard me strumming away before. Yes, thats the one. Nobody wouldnt know it.

Was practicing outside the studios, and Pamela loves to hear the piece im playing. Its rather violent, and it has many expressive dynamics. Im not sure whether mine will sound nice. But anyway, thats all i can do... and i hope people will listen with a pure mind. Christoven and SiHan were rushing for their presentation during that moment. Then, i saw BenBoo, and we headed for chicken pie at SunShine.

The whole gang of us ate together. I was the only year 2 there, and only a few of us ate. QingLun was complaining that the chicken pie is expensive, and yet not really fulfilling. As for me, im fine with it, because its rather tasty. Then, after that... QingLun and i were supposingly going for soya, but he doesnt wanna shelter me with his umbrella, and he crossed the road first. So, i walked back to join ShuMin and gang. Then, QingLun has no choice... but to walk back too. In the end, he didnt get to drink soya, and me too. He bought Snapple, whereas me, i didnt get to buy anything because im really broke.

Back in school, i saw Michelle, MinHui, Tommy and all of those that has gotten in for the access course. I was practicing, then Michelle came to tell me to adjust my hand so that i can produce a louder sound. I think i sound kinda soft for my index finger. As YanYu has said, for somebody who has played 'LaoTong', which is like so much more difficult, it shouldnt be a problem for me... but still...

History lecture was interesting. Im joking, its hell boring. WeiXiang and LiXuan presented on Bruckner's symphonies. The information was really all scattered around, in fact... their speech werent together with the notes. Therefore, i was really confused and lost. I almost fell asleep, but managed to entertain myself with some drawings. During Christoven and SiHan's turn, i was more alert. I think the charisma was there, and they managed to put everything down smoothly though i think their presentation wasnt quite in depth, though its definitely below the surface already. After their presentation, DrKan asked them many questions, and shot them like bullets that not even Neo can dodge. DrKan's questions were all phrased to sound so... baroque and chichi. If its me up there, i wont be able to answer her anything. In fact, i dun think i'll even be able to answer her essay question. Well, we've gotten ours already, and Fairul better work hard!

After evaluating the 2 persentations, i left the hall and headed to practice. I practiced a while and felt quite hungry later on. I went to disturb MinHui for a while, and after that... QingLun. Christoven was so bored, he sat there and took over me. He played with the Pipa, while i was away. Then, i lent him $10, which i borrowed from QingLun, because he has no money. Well, i think he'll be falling ill soon if he doesnt sleep. He looked so tired, and SiHan had to go for practice at SYO. So, i was left with QingLun and gang.

Was deciding whether to eat, then QingLun said that he wanna go home. So, he took the lift down and left. I was so hungry that im falling into a trance already. I sat outside the lift and stared at the bin, then... QingLun came back and dragged me out to eat. He knew that im hungry, and he knew that i would wanna have company for dinner. So, we ate at the prata stall. There was this new worker. The first thing that came to my mind was... whether he is smart or stupid. Well, its been a long time since theres anyone smart who can take proper orders. Usually, the orders are either screwed up, or totally wrong. Its very sad... because i thought that... nevermind.

Jonathan joined us, and he sat quietly by himself, while QingLun and i were talking about things. Well, ive decided to travel to China during my holidays, unless theres any other better plans. The money issue aint any issue for me, but its just about company and stuff. It'll be my first time to travel totally alone. Ive been out with friends before, and mostly with Mom around. But this time, i think its something to start off my 18 years old. Great, isnt it?

The exams will come after CNY. And it'll be starting at March. Its like so fast? I cannot imagine... it'll come very quickly. Im afraid that i'll tire myself again... and fall sick...

Tomorrow, i'll have to wake up early for lesson at YanYu's house. Ive promised myself that i wont be late! Lets see...


Ive nothing else to add on. Everything is there, broken and destroyed already. I wonder sometimes whether people are calling for help, or are they like those who'll just shout for help wheneva, to ensure safety than being sorry... But, ive realised that ive a limit myself. My resource, integrity and sympathy has only a short absolute. The brim is just there, and it'll always be just there. I dun sympathise anymore, in fact... i pity u, but aint sympathetic.